Thursday, March 8, 2012

Eating a vegan diet doesn't mean it is healthy.

I started this blog in an attempt to open some new horizons for people following a vegan diet.  I've been vegan for 11 years, and all too often I find myself going to the market to choose from one of the many vegan substitutes available today.  For the most part, my diet is pretty healthy; a good variety of beans and whole grains with plenty of fresh organic vegetables to go with it.  What is quite apparent is that a lot of people don't eat enough of the whole foods and rely upon soy and wheat products to get their protein.

Starting tomorrow, I will share my experiences with a whole food vegan diet.  It is much healthier than relying on Tofurky, Boca Burgers and the like to make fantastic meals that are easy to prepare.  Your body will thank you for it in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment